Monday, June 22, 2009

Back to blogging!

It's been 3 months since my last post but that doesn't mean life has slowed down. My grandmother passed away the day after my last blog entry and we've spent the past few months enjoying our time with family and friends. I guess it really scared me to write about our everyday activities because that meant that the world was not standing still and that things could never be the way they once were. My grandmother was such an inspiration to me. She would love to hear about the ways the kiddos have grown and the funny things they do each day so here I am...blogging again.

I think this is the busiest semester we've had in College Station to date. We had the backyard landscaped (pictures to follow), spent Easter in Goliad, and celebrated Mother's Day and Royce's birthday in Floresville. We've hosted barbecues like crazy, went to the circus (well, at least half of the circus), and have spent one day each week at Uncle Johno's pool. It looks like the rest of the summer will be no different!

The kids are enjoying summer too. Katie celebrated her first birthday 10 days ago and it's hard to believe that my baby is not a baby any more. It seems like Kyle was so tiny forever but not Miss K. Not only do we talk CONSTANTLY but we also are VERY independent. I don't know where she gets that headstrong attitude...She took her first steps today which is so monumental. She constantly asks "what's that" and tells us to "go" when she's ready to head to another room. Her favorite thing to do right now is look at all the family pictures in her bedroom while I name all of the people in the pictures. Please remind me the next time I am at a family function to take current pictures of everyone because I still have pictures of Lilly as a baby instead of a 3-year old. Katie sees baby Lilly and says "Katie!" She thinks all babies are Katie. Vain or just self-confident?

Kyle has gone on three field trips this summer and it has definitely left an impression on him. Two of the trips have been to the movie theater and his teacher bought all of the students popcorn and a juice box. Now Kyle pretends to be at the movies every evening when we are in bed with his make-believe popcorn and juice. He's such a riot! He will also be taking a major step this week when he starts karate classes. They get to wear the cutest outfits (a Gi, thank you Erin) with a cartoon dragon on the back. He'll be joining all of the little boys in his class who already attend so I think he will have a lot of fun. Hopefully it will help him control all of that energy and prevent Katie from anymore golf club attacks!

Well enough about us an on to the pictures, that's the funnest part anyway!

1 comment:

M.IM.Skeese said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. What a blessing that she got to see both of your adorable children, though. I'm happy you are blogging again, and we get to see what your cute little ones are up to these days.