Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Katie!

It's hard to believe my baby girl has turned two! We opened presents first thing Saturday morning and had a house full of friends come over that afternoon to celebrate her birthday. She was completely spoiled rotten! I also attempted to make a Barbie birthday cake from scratch like the one my mother made me as a child. You'll note that I'm not just being nostalgic - mom's cake was WAY better than mine. I swear that Barbie's are also bigger now than they were when I was a child but at least Katie liked it. She said, "My Barbie cake is beautiful...and messy!"

I also took Katie to her 2 year old checkup yesterday and she is off the charts in height and 85th percentile in weight. She's actually an inch and three quarters taller than Kyle was at this age. She's grown almost four inches in six months!

In the past year she's gone from being a toddler to a little girl who is such an amazing mix of both of us. She's shy like me but very laid back like David and she's also fiercely independent. Anything Kyle can do she wants to try! David and I were talking the other day about how Kyle has a different set of qualities from both of us. He's so sociable like David and very emotional like me. I can't wait to see what baby #3 is like!

My Cake



Katie's Cake


























No comments: