Friday, December 12, 2008

Potty Training

Kyle has been interested in going potty since he turned two but has never fully committed to the process. We've tried everything from watching Elmo videos about going potty to wearing pull-ups with no success. Our latest attempt was recommended by another mom at Kyle's school who successfully trained her daughter early. She said that we should make him throw away his big boy underwear after his first "accident". Her daughter cried because she didn't want to get rid of Dora and was potty trained immediately thereafter. We tried with Handy Manny and Kyle eagerly threw the underwear away and was ready for a new pair with no second thought. Then we told him how sad it made the cartoon character when he tinkled on it. From the next room I'd hear him yell, "Mommy, I made Marty sad." I don't think he's all that concerned with the feelings of his cartoon friends. Here are a few pictures of Kyle very proud to be wearing his big boy underwear. We'll continue to tackle this over the remainder of our Christmas break...







No comments: