Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Kyle!

It's hard to believe we have a 5 year old in the house who will be starting kindergarten right around the corner. We moved to a four bedroom house in College Station when he was 10 months old and could barely fill all the rooms. Now, just four short years later, we have a houseful with three kiddos and he's the big brother. Time sure flies by!

Kyle has been such a blessing to us. I've never met a more sociable child - we have to watch him because he'll talk to any and everyone he meets! He has such a vivid imagination and is constantly pretending to be someone new that I can't always keep up with who he is each day! It's also been so nice to watch his relationship with Katie grow since they've been staying home together this fall. They do everything together and she is his constant companion. I know he'll love meeting new friends at kindergarten but I'm not sure how she'll do without him.

We held his fifth birthday in conjunction with Kenzie's christening this year so that our parents could make both events. He opened presents first thing Saturday morning and then enjoyed visiting with Nonie and Papa Cowley. Then we kidnapped Papa and took a trip to Chuck E. Cheese where the kids had a blast and, from the look of the photos, the adults seemed to also! Meme, Ba, and Nonie made it in time for a birthday dinner complete with Spiderman cupcakes that evening.

























No comments: