Friday, January 28, 2011

Visit to Goliad

I was so happy to make the long overdue trip to Goliad to introduce Kenzie to my extended family. The trip that normally takes 3-1/2 hours took a bit longer this time because Kyle got carsick before Round Top, Kenzie wanted to eat in Schulenberg, and Katie needed a pink fishing pole in Hallestville. Three kids definitely add to the road trip experience!

My Uncle Freeman and cousin Patrick stopped by the first night and David joined them hog hunting in the cold. The next morning Aunt Cathy and Beth came over bearing gifts for Kenzie and donuts! Papa Lott got to hold "the chunk" and Momma took the kids on a walk to the tank to fish. Then Beth and Kyle got to drive OJ back to the house - I didn't get a picture but I'll have to post one sometime because words cannot accurately describe this vehicle. The men practiced shooting handguns in the pasture and Kyle even got in on the fun with his daddy's pellet gun. I was so happy the weather cleared up so we could spend so much time outside.








No comments: