This was the first year Kyle really took note of Christmas and started to understand all that was involved in the busy holiday. Since then he's also started taking note of other special days. Last week he told me, "Momma, Christmas is over." I agreed with him and then he said, "My birthday is coming up." Which then prompted me to ask if he was going to get presents on his birthday and he enthusiastically replied, "Christmas presents!" So we don't completely have the concept down but we're still working on it.
He received his first birthday present in the mail yesterday from Aunt Amy and Uncle Sam and I didn't have it in me to make him wait to open it until Saturday. He tore into the box so quickly and exclaimed, "I'm Handy Manny!" The tool belt has yet to leave his side. We put all the gear on and he cried for a good 15 minutes when his daddy made him take it off to go to bed. Then, first thing after he woke up, the belt went back on and he had to wear it to school after getting dressed. I didn't think there was another toy out there that could consume his attention more than the millions of horses we have accumulated but this one did the trick! However, you'll note from the pictures below that the box was all Katie needed to have a good evening. At least they're not fighting over toys at this point!
Katie having too much fun!
Eating the hammer, Pat, while watching cartoons before school.
Fixing Katie's toys while I made their lunches.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kyle!! Those pictures of him in his tool belt are so cute! It sounds like it was a big hit.
Post a Comment