It's hard to believe our little boy is already 3 years old. He brings a smile to my face every day and I can never quite guess what will come out of his mouth next!
We tried to do a low key birthday this year by only inviting one set of neighbors and five of his classmates which ended up being 22 of us in all. Not as low key as I had hoped but tons of fun nonetheless. I think we emptied the entire contents of Kyle's closet in the backyard and will be picking up little horses with the lawnmower for the next few weeks.
David and I have decided that Kyle is the spitting image of my 96 year old grandfather when it comes to parties. He loves the idea of having a house full of people and greets them all enthusiastically as they arrive but then he'd rather take his toys and go to another room where it's quiet to play in peaceful solitude. When it was time to eat cake he begrudgingly came to the table, sweetly smiled while we sang to him, and then excused himself to the backyard to play some more while everyone else ate cake. Then I found him hiding behind a chair in the living room with a stockpile of toys while all of his friends played in his room. Very much like Papa Lott and his poker...
All in all, the day was a success and we enjoyed the company of a household of friendly faces.
Kyle's tractor cake. I added a horse because we couldn't live without it!
Jamin and Cinco in the zebra tent Dr. Boettcher gave us.
Kyle taking a break from all of the fun...
The girls playing in Kyle's room while the boys played outside.
The dads hanging out in the kitchen.
Singing Happy Birthday!
Getting ready for some cake!
Katie's ready for the party to be over!
Opening presents with lots of help!
Even more help!
And more help!!
After a long day...
1 comment:
Looks like fun. I love that last picture! Sometimes I feel like Katie looks after a party.
Post a Comment