Thursday, October 9, 2008

David's Award

David was honored this month with the College of Education & Human Development's Advisory Council Outstanding Staff Award. They read excerpts of his nomination packet before presenting him with the award and one quote was well worth sharing. Our friend Mike Spies wrote, "Ronald Reagan once said you can tell a lot about a man's character by the way in which he eats jelly beans. Although I've never seen David eat a jelly bean, I'm certain that if I did, he would do it with the utmost character and I am sure the jelly bean would be maroon." Everyone knows David is so humble, it was nice to have his awesomeness recognized publicly. It was great to share this amazing achievement with some of our closest friends while having a grown-ups night out!



David with Doug Palmer, Dean of the College, and Carolyn Lohman, member of the Advisory Council.

No comments: